ACRL seeks presentations for 2009 professional development programs
ACRL invites proposal submissions for a half-day or full-day professional development programs to be held prior to the 2009 ALA Midwinter Meeting or the 2009 ALA Annual Conference. Submissions will be accepted through April 7, 2008.
Professional development programs should allow participants to develop skills related to a specific topic and should focus on interactive learning through a variety of presentation styles. Programs that offer practical tips and cutting-edge techniques are especially encouraged. Proposals should explicitly outline activities that will be incorporated during the session to enable attendees to achieve the session’s learning outcomes. Programs can either be half-day or full-day sessions.
2009 ALA Midwinter Meeting. ACRL workshops will be held on Friday, January 23, 2009, in Denver.
2009 ALA Annual Conference. ACRL preconferences will be held on Friday, July 10, 2009, in Chicago.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL
Proposals should be submitted via the online proposal form:
The deadline for submissions is 5:00 p.m. PST, Monday, April 7, 2008. Proposals must include the following:
1. Complete contact information for all speakers.
2. Presentation title.
3. Presentation description. Outline the
main points of the program, including its relevance to attendees and how you would incorporate at least one active learning exercise in your session (approx. 500 words).
4. Short presentation description. (approx. 100 words)
5. Support of ACRL Strategic Plan. Outline how your program would support the ACRL Strategic Plan.
6. At least three learning outcomes and how they will be achieved.
7. Indicate whether program will be held at the 2009 Midwinter Meeting or Annual Conference.
8. Indicate whether program has been offered before for ACRL.
9. Program length.
10. Maximum number of attendees.
Proposals will be evaluated by the ACRL Professional Development Coordinating Committee for clarity, originality, and timeliness. Selection criteria are online at http://www.acrl.org/ala/acrl/acrlevents/2009call.cfm.
Notifications will be issued by May 2008. Visit http://www.acrl.org/ala/acrl/acrlevents/2009call.cfm for complete details. Questions? Contact Margot Conahan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-280-2522.