Sunday, December 06, 2009

Coming Soon: Committee Assignments!

First, I'd like to thank everyone who submitted the committee selection form. The response was tremendous! I was afraid I'd be be reduced to offering bribes at this point, but some of the committees are actually going to be very well-populated. Most everyone will serve on their first-choice committee. Going on the assumption that most of you are fulfilling promotion and tenure requirements by serving on these committees, if you indicated that you were willing to serve, I included you on each committee you selected. (For those of you who volunteered for more committees than you bargained for, please contact me and we can rearrange.)

In the next couple of days I'll be sending emails to the members of each committee, along with a copy of the committee's charge. This way everyone on a committee will have the contact information of the other members, and everyone will know not only what the committee should be doing, but also the estimated time frame for carrying out the duties of the committee. The committee chairs will then be responsible for communicating with the group, setting up meeting times and agendas.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home