Job Title: ELECTRONIC RESOURCES LIBRARIAN
Location: Georgetown College, Ensor Learning Resource Center, Georgetown, KY
Job Open Date 07-01-2011
Job Category: Full-Time Faculty
Georgetown College is a small, Christian, residential, co-educational liberal arts college that places emphasis on teaching excellence and encourages scholarly inquiry.
This full-time, non-tenure track, faculty position is responsible for coordinating and supporting the acquisition, maintenance and enhancement of electronic resources for the Library and providing general instructional and reference service as assigned. The Ensor Learning Resource Center is seeking a person with forward-looking ideas to work in a collaborative environment that sets high user-centered service standards.
The Electronic Resources Librarian will have leadership responsibility for managing electronic resource acquisitions, maintenance, access, and evaluation. The incumbent will participate in initiatives to enhance the discovery and use of library resources to meet user needs, and collaborate with library staff in the development of outreach and educational programming, in addition to monitoring trends and emerging issues in electronic resources. This librarian will play a public services role, including instruction, collection development, and research assistance. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
1. Manage electronic resources, research and analyze electronic resource products and offers, set up product trials, and collaborate with librarian colleagues in product evaluation. Assist with the review of vendor license agreements and license compliance. Coordinate product changes and renewals and develop relationships with vendors in order to obtain optimal contractual terms. Work with vendors, publishers, and consortia in regard to orders, access, payment, and other performance matters.
2. Oversee system upgrades, routine operations, problem reporting and system reporting functions for Ex Libris Voyager. Work directly with IT concerning issues such as EZ proxy for databases.
3. Participate in initiatives to enhance the discovery and use of library resources to meet user needs. Collaborate with librarian colleagues to develop and present outreach and educational programming for faculty and students for optimal utilization of electronic and print resources, including specialized workshops, online tools, tutorials, and point-of-need support.
4. Evaluate and analyze usage of electronic resources. Prepare and maintain statistical reports as required by regional, consortia and federal organizations and agencies.
5. Monitor trends and maintain currency in emerging information technologies that support student learning and participate in initiatives to enhance the discovery and use of library resources to meet user needs.
6. Provide face-to-face and virtual reference service during regularly scheduled research assistance desk assignments.
7. Take part in the Library's collection development process as a liaison for assigned academic departments for print and non-print materials.
8. Participate in college and professional activities that meet the library’s criteria for promotion and evaluation.
= MLS or MLIS from an ALA-accredited school received by date of hire;
= familiarity with standards for access and use of electronic resources and emerging technologies;
= ability to work collaboratively in a team environment;
= excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills;
=Knowledge of licensed electronic resources in a library environment
=1-2 years of library experience
=Knowledge of academic librarianship and library instruction
=Current skill in the use of Internet-based general reference sources
=Familiarity in providing reference services in person and by phone, chat, and e-mail.
**Finalists will be asked to make presentation during the onsite interview. **
The application review begins immediately. Position is open until filled. Send letter of interest, vitae or resume, transcripts, and three reference letters (including telephone and email addresses) to:
Dr. Rosemary Allen, Provost
400 E. College St.
Georgetown, Kentucky 40324